- Lose weight (at least 50 pounds) ---> DONE!!! Today I am 67 pounds lighter than January 1st 2007.
- Become financially wiser ---> Eh... It's getting there. We're much better off than we were January 1st 2007 at least. And we just decided to implement a new 'system' in our budget where we each now have our own savings account and each week/month we will divide our spending/leftover money equally and put that into our individual accounts, and I think that will make it less likely that we will impulsively stop at a convenience store and buy 30$ of convenience food or buy expensive snacks at the movies etc.
- Visit NYC in 2007 ---> DONE!! I still can't believe it!!
- Find an outdoors loving friend ---> DONE!! I've made a great friend who loves being outdoors, but she was really busy planning their wedding and then starting a new job so we haven't done much outside so far hehe.
- Beat guitar hero in hard mode ---> I don't think I've even TOUCHED guitar hero since I've made that resolution. It sounds like an absurd resolution to make now. Looking at it I think that I probably wanted to put an 'easier' (not so life changing) resolution in there to not feel like a complete failure at the end of the year. But today, I don't care so much about this one.
- Read more books than I did in 2006 (2006 = 35 books) ---> Hmm let's see. I've read 20 books so far in 2007. So I'd have to read 15 more and 3/4 of the year has passed... I don' tthink this one will happen. But I'm okay with that. I've read more books than a lot of other people. I've also been reading a lot of 400 pagers this year compared to last year where I had smaller books. I'm not going to read a bunch of small books just for the sake of beating last year's number hehe. I don't like to read too fast either. I like to give my imagination enough time to run wild while reading. But I'll shoot for at least 25 books in 2007 now. But 30 isn't out of the question either. Okay maybe I WILL read a handful of thinner books just because I'm competitive with myself like that hehe.
I don't even remember if we still have Guitar Hero II or if we traded it in for some game credit to buy my Nintendo DS before the trip... if we do I might give it a few tries between now and new years. I'll continue to read that's for sure. Maybe I can even bug Sophie to come to 2-3 outdoor activities with me so that I can have that resolution achieved too hehe. And with my new Mary Kay business and our new savings 'plan', hopefully I will be even more financially wiser in 3.5 months :)
Sorry Rebecca I guess I kinda cheated because this is now a 3.5 month plan instead of a 6 month plan, but I'm looking forward to achieving the rest of this and setting more resolutions on New Years 2008 :) Has anyone else crossed off a bunch of resolutions off their lists ?