Thursday, January 04, 2007

TGIAF

Thank God it's Almost Friday!

4 days since I quit smoking. It's H.A.R.D.! I swear. The Weight Watchers isn't TOO bad (yet). Especially since they modified/customized the plan and me and DH both get more points. For supper I had 2 whole wheat tuna sandwiches, a bown of tomato soup and a few crackers and a dot of cheese and it was gooooood!! I LOVE those 37% less fat "vegetable thins" crackers. SO good!

So the weather forecast calls for 12 degrees celcius both Saturday and Sunday. In JANUARY!? In fact above zero temperatures are all over the weekly forecast! I'm NOT complaining... I'd take 12 degrees over - 40 every day! But isn't it weird??? Why aren't more people amazed at this ?

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking Nancy! Seriously!! I'm willing for you to do well. And this weather is starting to freak me out already! Does this mean like blizzard weather in May or June? What's going on??

Anonymous said...

The weather is the same over here, we have 10C forecasted for the whole next week. And it's only snowed once so far and we live up in the mountains. It's not supposed to be green on the ground here in January :-)
And way to go on not smoking!! I'm really proud of you!

Scatterbrain said...

yeah the weather is bizarre. It NEVER goes above zero in Atlantic canada in January. Never. I wonder if these are record temperatures? I'm thinking yes. I think it just proves the whole global warming thing is real. and scary. and people need to step out of denial. they do.

Steph said...

It's actually the ice age that's coming... global warmining is just the precursor... it will warm up first, causing the weather streams to go wacky, which will cause the world to be covered in ice cream and chocolate sprinkles. :) good times.

Lisa said...

Shit, I love Stephs conclusion! I'm all about the sprinkles...hmm..wonder if there will be any frosting? Shit, I'm in trouble.

Kelsie said...

YAY! Today makes 5. Only 5 more days of the really extreme mental-drive-you-batty-I-want-to-cave-right-now-I-can't-do-this-anymore cravings. You are 1/2 way there.

I am super proud of you. Don't cave. Don't cave. You can do it. Remember that support thing...um yeah. It could make a person mad if they cave. ;P

We are in an El Nino, I think that is what I heard. Everything is warmer and whacked out. Scary. Freaky. Hope that we don't turn into ice. That would be hell.

Rebecca said...

Global warming, I tell ya! We should be getting a buttload of snow, but instead it's been so warm (45F), that it's all turning into rain! I want to wear my puffy blue coat, dammit!

Peeps said...

Talk about weird weather! Thunderstorm in the winter!!! That's just plain creepy. I think I need to take my canoe out of the shed with all the rain we've got, don't think the SUV can handle it, hehe!