Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why is everyone moving to Ontario ?

Nadine and Caroline were my best friends in school, but we lost touch after graduation. Last year we all reconnected, and started having monthly reunions. We all gathered with our dh/so's at either my or Nadine's house (Caroline lives in an appartment.), and we cooked, drank wine and ate. We gossiped while the boys played video games. After our October gathering, we slacked off and haven't seen each other since. We began talking about meeting again in December, but there were always schedule conflicts, and laziness. Caroline emailed us last week to say that she really wanted to see us soon... because she's moving to Ontario with her (Ontario native) boyfriend next month :( Why is it so hard to nurture friendships until it's too late ? We decided to ditch the boys and let it be a girls only night. We're going to eat at the new Thai restaurant, then nextdoor at the pumphouse for a drink. I'm pondering asking them if they're up for a chick flick (I really want to see "Failure to Launch" hehe) after or before drinks.

Two more friends and their husbands+kids might move to Ontario. Maybe I should move there too, then I could go see Lisa and Dawn and their baby girls hehe. Chantal is moving to Sackville most likely, which isn't the end of the world, but it's far enough to budget gas for, especially now that it's 1.03$/litre this morning and only going up from now on until tourist season is over. I haven't seen her in ages though. We talk on msn every single night. If she didn't come on one night at 8 p.m. for our nightly chat, without previously informing me of alternative plans, I'd be worried. We chat so much that when she types I hear her voice, and I imagine her facial expressions. Has technology rendered us so lazy that we feel it so inconvenient to get dressed and get out of our comfort zones to go visit our friends ?

So for tomorrow's chick night out, I'm scared to gain weight :/ I KNOW I will make the best nutrition foods with what is available to me, but when you're me, it's too friggin easy to gain weight. For example the "drink"... Alcohol almost always stalls my weight loss. But if I don't order a drink, I'll feel... like a party pooper. Steph doesn't understand my logic. He says "Just order a diet pop, duh!". To me it's not that easy. To me it's the equivalent of him not taking a sucker out of Scott's sucker jar at work like everyone does. (He had a whole jar of solidified sugar suckers (like hard pixie dust) left over from his kid's birthday party last weekend.) Steph does take the occasional sucker.

I'm starting to make less sense. My thoughts make so much more sense when they're all flying around in my head. When I try to blog them I can't quite express my thoughts coherently. Like my previous "Going towards or going away from" blog entry. I was going to try to re-write it so that it made more sense, but I don't know if I would make more or less sense.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the adventures of CrazyMrsNancy vs the Psychotic Prioroty Post dude!

No comments: