Thursday, December 08, 2005

IK Christmas Party Recap...

... So I'm so glad that I didn't listen to Steph when he said that we should eat before going because they would only serve finger foods. They served some kind of chicken, seafood casserole and other delicious things. They had amazing mini eclairs and mini cream puffs too. The food was definitely the high point of the evening. The low point being that the usual and expected christmas bonuses were NOT handed out. sigh. There is still a tiny bit of hope that they will get them tomorrow at work... cross your fingers! The music was good, the free drinks were definitely good.. but the dance floor was empty and I think the reason everyone left SO early is the missing bonuses dissapointment. We left when about 3/4 of the people had left, and it was 10h15pm. Pathetic. Even more pathetic is that I managed to get a headache. It was kind of funny to see the little bunch of drunk dancing girls all weary sexy black dresses. It looked so eerie. It looked like a dance at a funeral. Only people were drunk and a little slutty.

I felt overdressed to say the least in my jeans and v-neck knit. BUT, on the other hand, my make up kicked ass. I don't know how I did it.. but I think I look fantastic. I am still wearing it... I don't want to wash it off. I want to frame my head. My hair is also really cute as I went to the hair salon this afternoon. Two minutes after I hung up with the salon, happy as a clam that they had room for my appointment this afternoon, my boss who never calls, calls and ask if I'll be ther eat 2pm. Precisely the time of my appointment. I told him I had a doctors appointment shhhht! Hair stylists are kind of doctors in a way. They do make our hair healthier. Anyways, I took a pic and uploaded it in my blogger profice so you should see it on the right hand side there -------------------->. But since my camera is broken and the picture quality really sucks, you can't really see what I'm blabbing about. I think maybe it's the lipstick. I found an amazing lipstick the other day. (In the store I mean, not like, on the ground. That would be gross.) It's normally priced 13$ each, but there was this sale they were selling packs of two for 9.99$. I normally obsess, compare and obsess some more in the lipstick aisle an eternity before I can decide on one, and then I usually try it on once I get home and hate it. This time I don't know why I didn't decide to obsess. I chose the 2-pack that looked closest to my colours and they look absolutely amazing. One is called "endless spice" and the other I don't remember...

Steph's boss' wife is such a doll. She looks like a pixie. She's short, tiny and has blond pixie hair. She was wearing a gorgeous little dress... but I didn't particularly fancy her shoes. They were really nice in the front, but the heel was like 5 inches tall.. and CLEAR. It looked kinda hookerish. She fit right in with the other girls. Kate I find is the nicest of Steph's female coworkers. She's absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing a short black dress with black FMB's (F*** Me Boots for all you non boardies.) As she was dancing I couldn't help but whisper to Steph : "Omg, look at Kate dancing. Look at her bouncy breasts." She has the most amazing body. I read her website once and she said that her favorite hobby was step aerobics. My favorite hobby is watching tv while stuffing my face. We both get what we deserve hehe.

Since last year in NB it's illegal to smoke in public places, including bars and clubs. So they built this pretty big patio thingy at the Voodoo. We were all standing in the unbearable cold and wind smoking on that patio. Isn't that crazy ? Not only are we slowly killing ourselves by smoking cigarettes, we're willing to do so in the painful cold to render the process even more sadistic. They had these huge huge metal heaters up in tall metal posts, pointing down at us. I wonder who's the idiot who thought about that. Who the hell lives in New Brunswick and doesn't know that precious heat goes UP, not down. I wonder how much electricity they pay for those huge heaters that really don't warm up anything.

Ah well. Thank goodness I didn't go to my own Christmas party I would have had a lot more ridiculousness to rant about. Apparently everyone was out of there at 10pm and the 'big' participation prize was a small 19 inch tv. Pfft. Plus, their watered down drinks aren't even free.

It's time. I can't procrastinate any longer. It's 12h30am and I need to take my war paint off while singing "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my cat" sigh. I wonder if I can ever recreate this. It was pure luck I'm sure. Maybe I should have a couple of drinks before putting on my make up before work every morning maybe that's what the secret was!

4 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

I love your hair, and your makeup!! Oh and NAncy did you catch in my blog...it took me over 2 hours to get ready for the Christmas party, I thought you'd appreciae that since I'm always bragging about how fast I can get ready. Also, aren't they called "CFM" boots? or maybe it's just two different terms...*shrug*...
Tina

Heather said...

Ah, Nancy, I'm so glad you're blogging again. This was so fun to read. Loved the part about the "favorite activities" - too funny!

And see? Don't you get more pleasure writing about this stuff than you do about dog excrement?

Mindy said...

I couldn't really read - have work to do - but Nancy - I LOVE the picture! You look so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsie said...

Thanks for blogging again! I so enjoyed both of these blogs!! Felt like you were sitting next to me telling me the stories!