Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Very Lazy Saturday...

... I Love lazy saturdays. My day started rather late, I slept in until noon. *blush* I got up, washed my face, brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a ponytail. Then I saw my "Traveling Pants 3rd book", and I couldn't resist curling up under my still-warm blankets with my book. It was 2h30pm when I finished the book. I didn't want the book to end. I love Tibby, Lena, Carmen and Bridget. I love Amber Tamblyn. I loved "Joan of Arcadia". (Amber Tambly plays Tibby in the first Traveling Pants book turned movie.

When I had only 5 pages left to read, DH and the dog came in bed to see me. I had to tell them to quiet down because I wanted to truly concentrate and enjoy my last 5 pages of the last book in the Traveling Pants movie. The sun was shining so bright in the bedroom... Steph fell asleep while I was finishing the book, and at two pages left I put down my book to look at him sleeping, illuminated like an angel. The sun was shining on his scruffy face. Early in our marriage I was constantly asking to shave his facial hair. I didn't like the way it scratched the area around my mouth. Now I prefer the scruffy look. I don't know why that changed. He looks so sexy with a 3 day beard.

We lay in bed soaking in the sun rays, talking. Maybe that's why today was such a nice day ? I read on mercola.com that the vitamin D we get from sun exposure is very good for us in moderate doses and that vitamin D alleviates depression or the blues. I think I believe it... No one I know is every depressed on a sunny beach. We were thinking about going to see The Chronicles of Narnia. Then we decided against it since it's opening weekend and prefer to avoid the crowds. I think it's one of the only disadvantage of loving my house so much. I'm so comfortable in it, it's so ME, it's set up to optimize my pleasure. I'm not saying that I live in a better-than-anyone-else's-house. Not at all. It's just that it's OUR house and we made it a home. This house is only one and a half years old and it's actually already filled with memories. Good and Bad. The story of us. Steph, me, Loki, Sativa and Dixie Lee. I love my house. I love being a hermit. Although I know that it wouldn't be this way if I wasn't connected to the rest of the world via high speed internet and digital cable hehe. I could live without a telephone probably though.

We decided to go in town to get food then come back to our warm house, get back into sweat pants and hideous t-shirts, watch tv and movies while eating the food we got. Pizza and sushi. Not your typical combination. But if you know me you know all about my stupid cravings. I don't know what's the deal with me, but thankfully DH is willing to put up with it. He's okay with eating french baguette sandwiches for supper for a whole week, cracking open a coconut for me every night for like three weeks, or the time I craved strawberries out of season. He loves when I crave things I normally don't like that much, like spaghetti or Taco Bell. Ew.

No comments: