Monday, October 17, 2005

You know you're an obsessive freak when....

... you're rearranging furniture in your hotel room. Well in my defense, there were NO good place to set up my laptop & Pic-Nic with a good TV angle. I'm feeling all lonely in my hotel room in Fredericton tonight. I'm watching "Medium", which isn't really a feel-good tv show. I should watch something cute and fluffy before going to bed.

I loved the drive down here today. Wait.. is it up here, or down here ? Maybe it's parallel... I could check mapquest but I'm too lazy. I had burned 2 kick ass cd's and it was one kick ass 2 hour solo concert. I sang so loud I barely had any voice left when I got here. My eclectic repertoire consisted of System of a Down, Dixie Chicks, Fiona Apple, Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Queen... Yeah, I admit it : I was singing Bohemian Rhapsody (in the form of a duet with Suzie McNeal from RockStar INXS, she complimented my voice really well.) at the top of my lungs and bobbing my head like an idiot. LET ME GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, no no no I will not let you go, LET ME GO.. etc. I love to sing. I felt like the 2 hour car ride was like a soul vacation.

The joy is actually in the music. It's the music that supports you and tells you what to do. It tells you how to fill the music. You don't have to be shy about feeling the music when you're singing. If you believe in music - the power of music - the music will support you and take you to another dimension. ~ Cecilia Bartoli

Although I'm dead tired, I might go hop in the pool & hot tub after Medium... The only problem is that there are no bathrobes in here ..PPFT. And my PJ's are not very acceptable in public, I'll have to go down there with my bathing suit under my skirt suit... very stealthily.

More to come tomorrow : Inside the life of a traveling Administrative Assistant. (I'm really a secretary, but now we're called Administrative Assistants. Doesn't it sound.. more important or something? )

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

You are so funny. I love reading your blog. I have been lurking for awhile now and I so enjoy reading all of your posts.

Glad your trip was uneventful in that you didn't hit a moose. ;)