Monday, October 17, 2005

A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul. ~Erich Fro

I'm sooooo tired! Since I'm leaving this afternoon for F'ton, of course last night my nerves got the best of me and I was up at 12h30am vacuuming and cleaning my bathroom. I knew I had to get up at 6am to pack my suitcase, but I had an ultimate plan : I figured if I stayed up late, then today I would be so tired that I wouldn't have trouble falling asleep in the unfamiliar hotel bed. I always have the hardest time falling asleep every first night of a trip. The second night I always sleep okay. My plan worked a little too well because I'm dead tired. I guess I should go get a cup of coffee. brb.

Okay much better. Last night on Desperate Housewives, there was a cute storyline about Lynette's kid inventing an imaginary friend, to cope with the fact that his mother was now back at work full time. Kids often develop imaginary friends to cope with hard to deal situations. Anyways, this little guy's imaginary friend was a lady named Mrs. Mulberry. She had this umbrella that she loved. After she realized her son prefered reading bedtime stories with Mrs. Mulberry, Lynette's jealousy got the best of her and she walked outside to the trash can and threw out Mrs. Mulberry's umbrella. The next morning the garbage man throws the garbage's contents into his dump truck but the umbrella falls out and opens up..... Just when Lynette and her son (and dad) were walking outside. They witnessed Mrs. Mulberry being crushed by a big truck LOL!

So this morning while driving to work me and Steph were talking about imaginary friends, and he must be having a harder time coping with my business trips than I realized, because apparently he just developped an imaginary friend named "Raoul". This morning when we picked up some delicious greasy breakfasts from McD's, "Raoul" ordered an extra breakfast sandwich but turns out he wasn't that hungry and Steph had to eat it for him. Apparently "Raoul" has an accent because when Steph mimicks "Raoul" talking, he has an accent.

Speaking of Desperate Housewives, last night I didn't have time to watch Charmed so I recorded it.. now I won't be able to see it until wednesday! Gah! The show's title last night was : Desperate Housewitches hehe

Okay I'll have to continue blogging later, my plan worked a little too well; I'm falling asleep at my desk. I should go sleep in the boardroom. I've actually tried before... One exhausted lunch hour a while back I thought I'd sneak in a nap in the boardroom. I sat on a chair and put my feet up on another one, but I can't sleep sitting down. So I was scooting my butt down, hiking my feet up on the other chair when my ass suddenly fell between the 2 chairs. That woke me up rather quickly. I've been trying to find a more comfortable place to nap ever since. Well actually the most comfortble I've found so far is sitting on the toilet (lid down of course), with a roll of toilet paper between my head, my neck and the wall. Kind of like those airplane neck pillows. I could go take a comfortable nap in the vacant office up in the tower... but if I had enough energy to go up that stupid tower, then I wouldn't need a nap now would I ?

Oh wait, I can't go nap hunt now, this post's title imples that I was going to talk about my dreams, which I was. Last night I had SO much trouble falling asleep, even though I was exhausted. I kept dreaming that I was going to hit a moose on my way to F'ton today! GREAT! Now I'm going to be paranoid all the way there. Then I kept dreaming that Alison Dubois was following me and wanted to hurt me. (The psychic on the tv show "Medium"). Okay, I will have to talk more about this later, but for now, I need to stand in the rain for a minute or two in hopes to wake up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before my sister was born, I had an imaginary friend - two actually. Tom and Jerry (you know, the cartoon cat and mouse) apparently lived in our coat closet from the time I was two until I was about 4. My mom says I used to feed them, open the closet door so they could get out and stretch their legs, etc.

Heather said...

*Loved* DH last night - I was laughing so hard. Today I couldn't even remember what I'd been laughing at, but it sure was funny at the time!

I've done that sleep thing too, and it always backfires for me. I only ever fall asleep when I'm not supposed to.

That Raoul thing is pretty friggin' funny.