Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Stop, Drop and Roll !

Well. I don't even know where to begin.

Last night I finally did decide to go down to relax in the pool and hot tub. I went in the pool, swam a few laps (doggy paddle style of course), then I went in the hot tub and it was sooooo nice and relaxing. I felt as if my muscles and fat and other things that compose my body were made of cotton candy. Then walked in eye candy. Some angelic looking guy wearing a towel around his waist walks in, sits in the hot tub and says hi. I was dreading having to small talk, so I was looking the other way, hoping he would start the useless annoying small talk. I hate to start small talk even more than small talking. A few minutes passed and I was kind of releaved that he didn't seem into small talk either after all. So I turned my head and looked at him, and he had his eyes closed. Jet bubbles were crashing against his muscly fake n' bake toned chest. That was even more pleasant than the hot tub itself I think. I know I know I'm married, but I can still enjoy eye candy.

After about 15 minutes he got out and asked me if I wanted him to turn the hot tub timer back, so I wouldn't have to get out for more bubbly minutes. I said No thanks, I'm just about cooked. He laughed and said baah, I'll turn it anyways, in case you change your mind. Truth is I was hoping he would get out soon as I was starting to feel boiled but didn't want him to see me in my bathing suit LOL. When he left I started to alternate pool laps and hot tub until 11pm. Then I went back up to my room, and was feeling lazy so I decide to just drape my towel over my chair, and dry off skyclad while chatting on MSN with Suzan. (Sorry Suz... you probably didn't want to know that LOL) I had to say it as it relates to the crazy part. Around midnight I decided to go to bed because I had to get up early for my meeting today. I watched tv in bed until 1am because I always have trouble falling asleep in an unfamiliar place. I thought about getting up to put my PJ's on, but tiredness won.

I'm sleeping soudly (FINALLY!) When I hear total chaos in the hallway and some guy running in the halls knocking on doors yelling : FIRE!!! FIIIIRE!!! FIRE! I thought it was probably a drunk guy or something, I put my skirt on, a black short sleeved top and open the door.... HOLY FUCK it REALLY is a fire!!! I just turn around to put my shoes on, grab my hotel key card, and join the hallway chaos. There was so much smoke I didn't know which way to go, but somehow someone found the way and we all followed down the stairs. There was a little old man barefoot in his PJ's, with his big yellow lab dog, making his way downstairs very slowly and coughing. There was a french speaking Quebec couple yelling and arguing because the guy wanted to go back to his room to get socks and a shirt and his jewelry. We finally made it outside. Ah fresh air.

I don't know why, but I always thought that a real fire's smoke would smell... like campfire smoke. NOT SO! EW it was burnt plastic kind of nasty smoke. So anyways, we were standing outside for like an hour.... FREEZING my ass off, literally... I hadn't even put on underwear or a bra in all the commotion, and I had no socks. The firefighters were there really really quick, and went to work. They had control over the fire rather quickly. But by then we were all panicking (and freezing my tits off) outside. Some people had seen some sprinklers goign off, some had walked in water... I was freaking out. My laptop, cell phone, wedding rings, I was even worried about my meeting clothes being soaked and ruined and what would I wear today.

Finally after what seemed like forever, we were told to come inside the lobby and wait there while they re-organized things. The fire and smoke had only affected one section of the hotel. They served us coffee, tea and pop while we were waiting. Everyone was sitting on the floor drinking caffeine and laughign like idiots out of pure exhaustion and the nerves. The people who were staying in the tower were allowed back to their rooms and people who were staying in the smoking section (ugh, I need to quit) were told to stay behind to be assigned new rooms. When I was finally accompanied to my room to pick up my luggage, I was shocked to see that the fire was actuallly 3-4 rooms away from mine, but thank God the sprinklers only went off in sections, and the water dammage actually stopped one room before mine. PHEW! I grabbed all my stuff and in the tower section I went. It was 4am when I finally got to bed in the huge suite they relocated me in.

I got two whole hours of sleep before the fire alarm went off again. I was so tired I thought to myself : ARGH! I'm tooo tired to get out of bed, too bad I'll just have to burn. LOL but I had a feeling it was not a real fire again, what are the chances. I later learned it was just all the smoke from the previous fire.

I made it through the meeting without falling asleep. My meeting even ended early.... I wanted to check out and drive back up home because I miss Steph :( But I'm just so tired I don't feel safe driving for 2 hours. I'm stuck in a non-smoking suite, but at least they gave everyone last night free of charge. Well I friggin hope so, no one slept!!!

Remember the wacky nightmares the night before I left ? Maybe it was female intuition. I'm glad I'm safe and no one was hurt, but it was really scary.

Lesson of the day : NEVER ever go to sleep nakkid in a hotel room ever again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Nancy, that's CRAZY! Reminds me of the fires we used to have in the dorm... those were usually caused by drunk co-eds who cooked their Easy Mac for twenty minutes instead of two.

Glad everything ended up OK!!!

Anonymous said...

Um ... that is CRAZY!!!! Holy crap!!! I'm with Heather - I remember being evacuated from my dorm many a time because someone lit a pizza box on fire and threw it down the trash chute.