Tuesday, October 25, 2005

2 years, 4 months and 7 days....

Approximately 850 cups of coffee ago. (So that Heather can get an idea :P) That is how long we've been married. Why am I thinking about this now ? Well I was just reading and replied to a proposal story thread on one of my favorite boards. So I thought I'd also share the story here, for those of you who have not heard this story too many times yet.

It was February 15th, 2001. We had talked about the future often, so I was pretty sure that he was going to pop the question pretty soon.... Stephane sent me shopping for new clothes in the afternoon, because we all know that's my favorite hobby! LOL! I had instructions to meet him at 'Le Chateau Moncton' Hotel after I was done shopping (spent all her money).

When I opened the door of the honeymoon suite that he had all decorated, my heart skipped a beat. Stephane was grinning ear to ear. The suite was beautiful, there was a hot tub, with a vase filled with a dozen red long stem roses that Stephane had put next to the tub. Floating candles were around the hot tub... Then I noticed in the middle of the room, a huge pic-nic basket, with heart-shaped helium balloons tied to it. As I started looking inside the basket, I found hundreds of little pieces of paper that read "I LOVE YOU" in all the different languages, there was a crystal rose, there was a hilarious resume for him to apply for the position of 'Husband' and finally there was a little silver box. I carefully opened the silver box ... of course I knew was was goign on by then... and inside was...... a jigsaw puzzle!?

I started to put the puzzle together, with some help from Stephane because I was too nervous to do it myself. I could already read that the puzzle was saying : Nancy, will you marry me? ... but there was a piece missing! I was looking around to see where the last piece was and then I noticed Stephane down on one knee, with the ring in his hand, and the missing puzzle piece in the ring box! Well.. Of course I said YES!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See Steph, a use for a tilde..

After we came back home I put my big vase of roses on the coffee table with my jigsaw puzzle proudly displayed next to it.... and the cat knocked over the vase to drink the water, which spilled all over the puzzle, and I don't remember how but the crystal rose got broken hehe. Also one month after the engagement I was shoveling snow when I broke my engagement ring. I got the ring fixed and I still treasure the precious warped puzzle in it's silver box, and the broken crystal rose... but for a long time I was freaked out thinking maybe these were 'signs' hehe. We have been married for 2 years, 4 months and 7 days and I couldn't be happier. So I guess sometimes you have to stop overinterpreting what you think are signs..

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a great story, Nancy. Very romantic.

Congratulations on the milestone. I hope you and Stephane have many more happily married years.