Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Did anyone forget to send Mother Nature the memo?

What horrible Spring weather! Holy crap it's depressing. First of all, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and everyone affected by the Virginia Tech shooting. Katie, I'm so glad that you and your family are safe.

Yesterday I decided to get my hair cut. When I decided I want my hair cut, it's right now! Guylaine met me at work and we drove down to Regis at the mall and walked right in and didn't even have time to sit in the waiting area. Awesome. I *LOVE* my new haircut. It's the best haircut I've had in a long time. Okay, I haven't actually had my hair cut in like 2 years lol. Although today with the weather that we're having (Freezing rain/slush etc.) it's not looking as good as it was yesterday. I knew the weather was going to be crappy, I should have just put my hair up in a little ponytail, but an old college classmate is actually coming here for a meeting in the boardroom this afternoon. I want to hide under my desk. No offence to other secretaries reading this, it's just not what I had planned for myself you know? I don't know why I'm so freakin' ashamed of being seen sitting here at the reception, but I am.

So I put on a cute outfit, I did my hair and I even wore makeup today. Hell, I even wore my wedding rings LOL. Lame I know, but if not to impress others, why would anyone spend so much money on overpriced clothes and on all the other beauty rituals that we do? If I was on the island with the "Lost" gang, I'd definitely not shave my legs. (Did anyone notice if the women on Lost have shaved legs ? hehehe)

On that pleasant thought, I have to run. I'm so nervous about seeing my classmate for the first time in 7 years, my IBS is flaring up. My insides are on fiyah.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

ITA about the stupid weather, although it's finally decent here today.

And your new pic is so cute!!! I assume that's the new haircut you speak of?