Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

What did you get for V-day? I got an exploding egg.

Steph always prepares breakfast for us and feeds the dog while I get ready in the mornings. It takes him much less time to get ready. The dress code at his work is casual, he wears no make up and he has no hair. So this morning I walk in the kitchen and Steph is taking my the shells off my hard boiled eggs. We normally both eat boiled eggs, but this morning he decided to fry his. So anyway, he realizes that my boiled eggs aren't cooked enough. The middle is still too runny and the white looks snotty too. So he says "Oh I'll just put them in the microwave a little and they'll cook". Yeah. Neither of us remembered what happened the last time that I microwaved a boiled egg apparently hehe. The microwave went "POW" and one of my eggs had exploded. There were still some big pieces of that egg on my plate so as Steph handed me my breakfast he laughed and said "Oh well, that one's already cut up". I was laughing too.....

And then I took my knife and barely touched the 2nd egg.... "POW"!!!!...... !!!. My egg exploaded furiously all over me and the walls. There were even bits of egg on the cathedral height ceiling. egg all over the floor. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I think that Steph wasn't sure wether I was crying or laughing, he was brushing bits of egg off my sweater and off my hair with his hand.... I was crying/laughing. I had the great idea of letting the dog eat all the bits of egg on the floor, but he's the typical male and only picked up the bigger pieces. So I have a lovely egg mess waiting for me all over my walls, floor, table, and table centerpiece waiting for me when I get home :-S Fantastic. As depressing as the thought of cleaning that mess up sounds, I'm still laughing right now as I'm thinking about the egg exploading and my reaction and Steph looking at me with his mouth wide open. LOL!

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's a pretty freakin' funny story, although I definitely don't envy you the clean-up! Did you find bits of egg in your hair all day? That's something I'd be likely to do: discover that I hadn't quite gotten it all, and people (read: students) would have been making fun of me all day.

Jenn said...

That is too funny, Nancy. I hope it's not too hard to clean up.

Lisa said...

K, I needed a laugh today and you just totally came through for me Nancy!

miika said...

LOL oh dear! I wouldn't want the clean-up, either, but that's so funny :-)

Hobby Chef said...

Note to self: do not microwave boiled eggs. You will probably be finding egg bits around your house for months.

Kelsie said...

OMG! I am laugh crying and snorting. That is hysterical. Too funny. I don't envy the clean up process though but thanks for the laugh!