Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cravings and Revulsions

Those who know me know that I'm constantly having either cravings or revulsions. (And no, I'm never pregnant :P.. but I wonder if I'll experience the absence of cravings and revulsions if I ever am?) Being in the cravings period sucks... because I typically begin craving a perticular food item and can't get enough of it and I want it all the time. Not only does my DH get really sick of the food item and/or it's mere sight, then I can't get him to agree to consume that food item at a later date because he fears another craving episode. I can crave really weird things like whole coconuts, strawberries (as in strawberries for supper), clam chowder...

You would think that the revulsions period would be great... because then it could technically be Dh's turn to suggest the upcoming meal. But everything he suggests makes me want to toss my cookies. (Literally, that's what I had for supper last night, cookies, since I couldn't make myself eat anything else.) DH and I were discussing tonight's supper via email and I tried making a list of any food that I would order if I could have anything in the world. I couldn't even think of one thing. ugh!!! Normal people wouldn't care so much... but I LOVE to eat! Obviously. Food is comforting. Not wanting to eat feels very very wrong. I don't even want chinese or lobster. The thought of clam chowder right now makes me ill. GAH! How can an obese person not think of any desirable food ? It's like the universe is playing this mean trick on me.

What do you normally eat when you don't feel too well ? (Non nausea inducing foods ? Foods that comfort you ?)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm probably a little late here, but chicken and rice soup with saltines is always good.... or creamed chipped beef.... both gentle on the tummy

Lisa said...

OK Nancy, I have to admit having the same disorder, lol. Right now I'm on a peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam kick. Yumm..I had it for breakfast this morning and am eating it right now! It's like a surprise every few weeks.

Hobby Chef said...

The best comfort food EVER is Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup. It's basically just broth and noodles, but it is what my mom made us when we were sick as little kids. When I don't feel good, I go straight to the market for Mrs. Grass. It comes in a box. Yum.