Sunday, August 06, 2006

Karma, Tylenol and Popcorn

Do you believe in karma ? So we told the in laws that we were so tired that we needed to stay home and relax and were going to miss the family reunion. This morning, instead of sleeping in until noon like I normally do on saturdays, I decided to go to bed early last night (midnight) and I got up early this morning (9h30am, which is sleeping in for most of you huh ? hehe) so that I could have a longer long weekend. I was so proud of myself. So I showered and after my shower I bent over to wrap my wet hair in a towel twist. (Isn't it amazing that every woman knows how to do this? hehe) And this is going to sound so lame, but this is when I pulled something in my back. It's not in my lower back like usual, but it's right between my shoulder blades. UGH it hurt soooo bad, I could barely breathe. I was crying like a child when DH found me lying naked in the bed with my hair in my stupid towel twist.

Dh thinks that it's probably a delayed reaction from my basement cleaning I did yesterday. I was so proud of myself for finally starting that. My office closed at noon to make a longer long weekend, AND it was garbage day for us. So I filled about 15 extra large garbage bags full and lugged them upstairs and to the curb. I didn't think they were THAT heavy... I came back up at 2h30pm and spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the kitchen. I'm so mad that I hurt my back when I'm trying to be productive. I don't want to spend the rest of my life scared to do anything in fear of throwing my back again. And it SUCKS that I'm spending my long weekend in bed or in a chair with a pillow in my back. I guess I'm going to have to find money in the budget, which is tight lately, to go to the chiropractor regularly again.

So instead of being productive today or getting out of the house I spent all day napping, watching Sex and the City, Days of our Lives, Passions, and finished my Nancy Drew game. I hope I feel better tomorrow so that I can at least go see a movie or something. DANG I wish I could finish cleaning the basement.

3 comments:

Scatterbrain said...

:( poor Nancy. I hope you back allows you to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Peeps said...

I do believe in Karma. But you're also allowed to take some time off for yourself, so if nothing malicious is involved, you're ok. lol.
Hope your back gets better quickly!

Hobby Chef said...

Eeeek! Back pain sucks. I hope you're feeling better!!