Thursday, July 13, 2006

Singing in the Rain!

It's finally raining! Yay! It will be so nice not to have to spend an hour watering the garden while being eaten alive by the ferocious mosquitoes! They should allow workers to go home for an hour mid-afternoon to work in their gardens while the mosquitoes are still sleeping, or doing whatever it is they're doing when they're not attacking us.

I finally finished that stupid Bergdorf Blondes book! Phew! FYI, it wasn't worth continuing reading. I just felt obligated to. I honnestly feel more guilty abandoning a book halfway through, than calling in sick to go shopping. I started reading Deception Point by Dan Brown yesterday and I'm already on page 137... it feels so great to read something interresting finally. I was devouring the pages and went to bed entirely too late last night. In fact, I have to admit that lately I've been going to bed way too late every night. Exept Friday and Saturday of course, when it would make sense that I indulge in my owl habits.

I know I can't do everything I want to do in a day, because there just aren't enough hours. The most tempting time-consuming daily thign to quit on my to-do list is coming to work but unfortunately, if I quit work, I won't have any money to go shopping, buy more plants and flowers or pay for my internet, so then I would have too much time and I would be back to square one. Catch-22. Maybe the solution to my problem is that I should just revert to the way I was a mere 2 years ago. I could go to work, pick up fast food on the way home, eat it while watching Days of our Lives (recorded) and chat online all night long. Heh. At the time it was fabulous. Not so much now.

Owning a house is a lot of hard work, but it's SO rewarding. I love that someone can walk in my garden or come in my house and know who I am, what I like and what I do just by looking around and observing. Someone walking through my garden would know that I love flowers and nature, that I love rocks and stones, dogs, BBQ's and hot peppers heh. Although the ridiculous amount of mosquitoes might mistakenly make them think that I enjoy the little creatures. If they came inside my house they could instantly see that I am allergic to clutter, that I love earthy colors, enjoy big baths and love to read. But the beautiful wood salad bowl on the kitchen counter might induce them in error, thinking that I eat a lot of healthy salads. Which I do technically, only in spurts.

If someone would have told me 2 years ago that I would honnest to goodness enjoy spending consecutive hours weeding gardens, I would have told them : No no no no no, I enjoy rolling the weed. Who knew that in 2006 I would have a lot of fun re-organizing my kitchen cabinets at eleven on a Wednesday night ? Yeah that was me last night. I cleaned the whole kitchen, then I had supper at 9 while watching "RockStar SuperNova", then cleaned during "So You Think You Can Dance" commercials and reorganize my kitchen cabinets until 12h30am, read until 2am, slept until 7am... couldn't get my ass out of bed at 6h30 to wash my hair. Thankfully it's pouring buckets it would have been pointless. I still had 2 hours (minus commercials) of tv, but overall it was a pretty productive day yesterday.

Yeah... all that babbling to say that I have to start going to bed earlier. I have been reading until 2am most nights in the past two months, and 4-5 hours of sleep a night is just not healthy. See Chantal can only start chatting online around 10pm, and I HAVE to chat with her. I need my Chantal daily chat fix. Sometimes when I'm good, I can sign off MSN at 11pm. But most nights I have to pry myself off it at midnight. Then I have to read. I'm not sure when I started to read religiously every night before bed, but now I can't sleep unless I read. And I have trouble putting the book down also. See that's my problem in life. "A little" doesn't satisfy me. It's all or nothing. If someone dares suggest that I do something in moderation I get pissed and either don't do it at all, or go all out.

Speaking of going all out... I don't know what posessed me this morning, but even though I was running late (as usual), for breakfast I made for the first time ever thick belgian waffles, filled the little craters with syrup, then added whipped cream on top and covered them in blueberries and raspberries. YUM! They were better than Mike's or Cora's restaurants.

If you're avoiding work today like I obviously am, here are some links for your procrastinating pleasure :)

Walmart goes organic ?

A barely recognizable Eva Longoria without makeup.

Notice how they apparently kept their toys paint free ? heh

The World eBook Fair welcomes you to absolutely free access to a variety of eBook unparalleled by any other source. 1/3 million eBooks await you for personal use, all free of charge for the month from July 4 - August 4, 2006.

Well, I believe that's enough ramblings for today. Maybe tomorrow my thoughts will have more structure. No promises though. :)

No comments: