Monday, June 05, 2006

Accountability Rebel!

Do you know anyone who rebels against accountability? Why would anyone do such a thing? I think I rebel against accountability. When I think about all my quasi-weight-loss-successes in the past, I can clearly identify the self sabotaging point when I have to be accountable for my weight loss.

I quit Atkins after losing 50lbs, for no reason, when everyone was cheering us on....
I quit Dr. Phil's program after losing 30lbs when I started an ivillage msg board on the topic and had to be accoutable to my members....
I quit Weight Watchers after losing 28lbs when everyone was cheering us on...
I quit my last "no name" diet/plan after losing 33lbs when I put a ticker on my blog...

Are these excuses ? Why do I always quit a weight loss program and gain all the weight back and more just as I'm baking in my success ? And it's weird because I get mad when people don't notice my weight loss, then I panic when I gain a pound because they're going to give me the speech.

I guess there's no easy solution. I can't lose weight secretly.. as one of my biggest hurdles is eating out socially and especially with my family. I guess I'll just have to recognize that I sabotage myself when I feel accountable, not do it, and suck it up. hehe.

No comments: