Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I am trying to think of a catchy title...

But because of Heather I have this song stuck in my head "God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you... " and I can't think of anything else. I need to whack myself on the head with my phone or something. I don't know why I just had that thought. Please consult with your doctor before following any advice on this blog. I'm not sure head whacking works as a means to remove a song from your brains.

The lyrics really are beautiful though.


"Bless The Broken Road"

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.


I want to blog about what I wanted to blog about, but first there was that song, and now weird people are taking up brain space also. Oh and my stupid cold is taking up a fair percentage too. My coworker J just managed to royally screw up her MS excel for the zillionth time. I have no idea what she does to it, but it just totally spazzes out and it's not responding and she doesn't want me to end the process without her saving. Well then. Call Xwave. (Tech support). I'm not mean, I just have a cold. You're allowed to be mean when you're sick.

Then M messages me on MSN to ask : Are you driving around to see what's in the trash ? Um. No... For the last 2 weeks and next week it's "big garbage" spring pick up in Greater Moncton, and apparently he scored a "new" sofa/living room set, new kitchen chairs, a new patio set and a crap load of toys for the kids. Apparently it's really exiting and he can't wait to go again. He says that on the radio they keep encouraging people to go dig through other's trash because it's environment friendly etc. It's weird because on the channel I listen to, they DIScourage people from doing that. I guess going trash hunting is not really my thing, but I don't mind when other people come shopping in my big garbage pile. Last year we through out about 6 pieces of furniture, computer monitors and old printers, and Steph and I enjoyed watching through the window as people came in groups of giggling little thieves to loot. A LOT of people do it. Probably because a lot of people like me prefer putting perfectly good things to the curb knowing soemeone will pick it up, rather than have a yard sale.

I remember the very first time (and also the last time) I had a yard sale. I was about 14, and my mom and I sold like a zillion wine/champagne glasses from her "collection" and we made 400$ and all the profits went towards a brand new leather coat for me. I was so cool with my black leather coat, pink neon shoelaces and my Vuarnet t-shirt!

Okay I'm going to run to the bank hoping my mind will clear and if so, I'll be back with my original blog topic :)

2 comments:

Hobby Chef said...

HA! I had a Vuarnet t-shirt too. Did you have a Forenza sweater?

Scatterbrain said...

still waiting for your original blog topic. I had the Vuarnet long sleeved T too. hehe.