Monday, April 03, 2006

The Infamous Taco Trays

We love tacos and fajitas. Since we're counting calories, we carefully measure our ingredients. It was annoying to use up like 42 bowls to eat fajitas, since we each had our bowl of : green onions, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, cheese, chicken, etc... So one day while strolling in the grocery store's discount section, I got a fabulous white trash idea! I got 2 divided plates/trays so that we can put all our fajita ingredients in them, therefore dirtying only 2 plates. Steph's friend/coworker (Yes, the one who sprouted the evil plastic shed idea in my husband's head) Scott apparently makes fun of our fabulous trays. Hmmph :P Also featured are equally fabulous faded plastic cups :)

6 comments:

Hobby Chef said...

Aren't you clever!! That's a great idea.

Kelsie said...

Who cares if someone thinks you are dorky for this? I think it is a fantastic idea. I am all about washing as few dishes as possible!

Anonymous said...

Now I want fajitas.

Courtney said...

I think that's an awesome idea. I'm all for fewer dishes... and that works perfectly. Wish I'd thought of it last time I made fajitas.... ahh well, there's always next time. Oh shucks, that means I have to go shopping too. DARN! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love that idea! We have dishes like that (not plastic, but divided plates) for chinese fondue, and there's nothing dorky about them.

Amanda said...

OMG! I love them!! That is a fantastic idea for portion control, and it's so nice to not have 50 billion little dishes.

Go you! Ignore Steph's friend - he's just jealous of your creative skeeelz. ;)