Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Mish Mosh Blog

I feel like blogging about a myriad of little stories, instead of one longer story. Because I have too much on my mind. So here is my mind dump :

I have gained 4lbs and I can't shake it off and it's frustrating. Dh too. I guess we will have to take out the measuring cups, food scale and be more dilligent with the exercise again. Ugh. I wish I could lose weight, without feeling like I'm in a bootcamp, KWIM ? I would like to make smart choices, be normally active and feel like I am still living a normal life. I don't like spending twice the amount of time cooking because I have to be precisely measuring and weighing everything and recording every morcel of food that goes into my mouth. Why can't I just be like everyone else and just make smarter choices, exercise doing something I like, and voila weight loss ? I have been busting my ass moving all the computer stuff, the uber heavy 32 inch tv with DH, which took us an eternity to bring upstairs. I took a million trips to and from the basement getting more computer room paraphernelia. My calves are KILLING me today. Couldn't I have lost a little pound for all that work ? :P I'm not getting discouraged to the point where I will go back to eating fast food and being totally sedentary. My mom was over Monday and made white pasta and it was utterly disgusting yuck. I would just like my body to be nicer to me. But hell, can I blame her (I guess my body is technically a she) for rebelling against me when I've been abusing her for so long ? See how therapeutic blogging is ? I just gave myself the encouragement I needed. LOL.

Do you have unrealistic dreams ? I do. One in particular. I dream of thru hiking the appalachian trail. The Appalachian National Scenic Trail, generally known as the Appalachian Trail or simply The A.T., is a 2,174 mile (3500 km) marked hiking trail in the eastern United States, extending between Springer Mountain in Georgia and Mount Katahdin in Maine. Trail hikers who complete the entire trail in a single season are termed "thru-hikers"; those who traverse the trail during a series of separate trips are known as "section-hikers." I'm re-reading Ma and Pa's A.T. hiking adventure on their website. The story has made me laugh and cry. My more realistic dream is to be in good enough health and physical shape to someday do a section hike. Ma and Pa are Moncton geocachers and I think they are absolutely amazing. They have found 982 caches to date. Makes my 30 look pathetic hehe.

Lost was SO good last night!! OMG! Finally an action packed episode. I wished they had explored the new hatch more. I hope they will bring the gang there and do more exploring. Was that girl who saved Claire really Rousseau's daughter ? Who's the prisonner ? OMG I love that show!!!! Then I watched the Barbara Walter's Oscar Special celebrity interview show and it was pretty awesome too. Kept me up way too late. I don't normally watch those Barbara Walters specials but this one for some reason was interresting. The office on the other hand was quite a dissapointment last night, BUT Pam (The Receptionist, aka ME) is going to be on Martha tonight! I can't wait :)

Well, that's it for now. I was going to write more but I keep taking pauses to read Ma and Pa's Appalachian Trail story (for like the third time!). So that's it for now :)

2 comments:

Hobby Chef said...

DH has basketball on Wednesday nights so we have to Tivo "Lost" - we're watching tonight and I'm pretty excited. I'm glad it was a good one!

Anonymous said...

hmmm. LOL

Ma & Pa