Monday, November 21, 2005

Got Some Gooooood Books!

Steph and I are no longer in denial. We've let ourselves go too much to blame it on the typical post-marriage weight gain. I could blame Tim Horton's, East Side Mario's or french baguettes, that is until a friend, relative, or a complete stranger reminds us that we're fat and throws the sticky fat blame ball back onto us. My very loose fitting jeans tonight were almost uncomfortably snug. Steph thought I had tilted the car's steering wheel down. Yikes. At least I've added one more item on my weight loss pros list : I don't want my back to ever hurt like this again. At least not until I get my senior citizens discount card.

My weekend was rather productive in a lazy kind of way. I watched some recorded shows and movies and my DVR which was hugging it's maximum capacity limit daily now has 86% of free space. I got some good books. I kept the house relatively tidy since the cleaning lady's visit. Drank a Tim Horton's Hazelnut heaven in liquid form. Envied charmed abs and wysteria waistlines.

I still have SEVEN days of sick leave. 7! I kind of feel guilty staying home since I really do feel much better. Although when I experimentally skipped my pain killer dose to make sure I really was feeling better, OW! They are paid sick days, and I really do need a soul vacation. Haha I just saw that "Europe Best" frozen vegetables brand tv commercial again, where the man in the giant asparagus costume gets abducted. That cracks me up everytime. I lost my train of thought. More on medical leave guilt later. Maybe.

I have to go pick the paint colours at Benjamin Moore tomorrow. EEK. Why do I always wait until the last possible minute ? It's not like I'm a pressure driven person. I'm never driven really. Unless the task involves food. I need advice and tips and help chosing the colours! HELP! I wanted to hire a "famous" designer to chose my colour palette, but since I've once again took procrastination to a new level (I've been thinking about it for 1.5 years... oops), it's too late now... unless she has a giant asparagus costume and I could abduct her.... ugh don't blame me for the lame humour, blame the narcotics. HELP!

Ooh I just went on alljenn.com and noticed Harry Potter talk! We haven't gone to see it yet since it was opening weekend and both theatres were only showing it in ONE theatre. Are they insane ? I am going to see it this week hopefully for a late showing on a school night :P I'm off to read her review! (Wow I've referenced alljenn.com (now) 3 times in one post. I should get paid. in free decorating advice. LOL! I'm kidding. I swear.)

Stay tuned for the next edition featuring my friend Suzan and her addiction to MAC, Urban Decay and makeup in general, and how she should totally hook me up for christmas.

1 comment:

Scatterbrain said...

So what books did you get?

I'm joining ww online again today, it's the oly thing that worked for me. You should joi me.

Tina