Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had a great Christmas, as you can see from the pictures below :)

Santa spoiled us rotten again! I got a sewing machine, a sewing 101 book, a new chain for my heart pendant (old one kept breaking), an easel, a heart rate monitor, some free weights, Burt's Bees products, fondue set, and more. Lots and lots of delicious food.

The only not so great thing this weekend is when Dad got a horrible toothache and had to find an emergency dentist. And the worst thing about this weekend is that we learned on Saturday that they found cancer in my grandmother's lungs, and today they told Ted (my uncle that's currently working at the canadian embassy in China) to come home if he wants to see her, that she's fading away fast... It's all happening so fast it's kind of surreal. I didn't even know that it could happen this fast... It's life I guess. Unpredictable.

Yesterday I felt kinda pretty. I thought my hair behaved rather nicely, I wore make up and even painted my toe nails. I was running last minute errands with mom in town, and as we entered (sashayed in) the grocery store, I saw a woman that was in my college class! I had thought about her often since graduation in 2000, hadn't seen her since then. She told introduced us to her boyfriend and said that she works for "xyz" now, but not in IT. I told her that I wasn't working in IT either, that I was a secretary now. She looked at me with a shocked face and said "Nancy, You can do better than THAT!" I know that in a weird way she meant it as a sort of compliment, meaning that I'm capable of better.. but she didn't know that I have been working there for 4.5 years.... *poof* Short-lived was that confidence boost :-S

Oh and I *FINALLY* got to play Cranium!!! You were all so right! It IS such a blast! Hilarious. OMG did we ever laugh! The highlights of the game were my mom sculpting a plunger out of the clay thingy and plunging her clay toilet, me impersonating Jim Carrey by bending over and making my ass talk, and me, dad and brian trying to imitate "Animal" (From the muppets) for a club cranium card hehe.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Finally, someone has an updated blog! Glad to hear that Christmas was so great, and I hope that everyone gets better soon! Love the pictures!

Peeps said...

Great pics Nancy! Sounds like you had an awesome time. We played monopoly over the holidays with mom and dad...and played again "Dad's revenge". LOL. It was a blast. We also bought Rummoli and scattergories. Never played Cranium yet!

Mindy said...

LOVE the pics, Nanc!

CRANIUM! WHOO HOO!

Oh - and I got your card - thank you so much!

Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Scatterbrain said...

I heart Cranium! it's the best game ever!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your CHristmas.

Kelsie said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!! Love all the pics!