Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Diet Personality

I just took this Quiz on SparkPeople.. and it's SOooo me!

The Portion Distortioner Personality

This person is a lifetime member of the Clean Plate Club. In fact, you may often continue to eat beyond the point where you're not even hungry anymore. A study by the American Institute for Cancer Research found that 67% of Americans eat everything on their plates regardless of size. You tend to feel deprived when eating smaller portions and, ironically, you sometimes overeat on "healthy" foods.

There is also a good chance you tend to eat out pretty often, and have noticed how restaurants and fast food joints have been up-sizing and biggie sizing your servings. Yet, even though you know portions have grown, you feel like you haven't eaten unless you are stuffed to the gills. Many of this type also use food as their sole source of weekend entertainment. It's what we call "Eat-for-tainment." Eating with friends and having fun is great, but if you are using food much more than other forms of entertainment (i.e. events that involve not sitting) it is something to be concerned about.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds a lot like me, too. When I took that, I scored as an emotional eater (which I am), but I love food as entertainment... what's even worse - I don't think I want to give that up!