Thursday, August 17, 2006

There are footprints on my back!?

How can I often feel like I'm a mean witch (Like when I'm sarcastic and sassy at work, when I joke about others, when love IPI developments, when I haven't visited family for years?) and almost as often feel like I'm too nice and that people walk all over me ? (I'll make a list to illustrate this example :)

- Next month, exactly THREE YEARS will have passed since I loaned my wedding dress to my 'friend' S who was getting married a couple of months after me. Granted, she's going through a divorce right now and her plate is always overfilled. But still... THREE YEARS! Will I ever see it back ? She never replies to my emails, never comes on MSN any longer, and I don' t feel like I 'know' her enough to research her parents names and contact info to call her there....

- When did we have our driveway paved ? A month or so ago ? Well ever since that day the guy is supposed to come fix our walkway 'tomorrow'. He was on vacation for a week, then it rained a whole bunch of times, but still, DH stupidly paid him in advance, he should be able to make an effort to come fix the walkway in a timely manner. Pick a sunny day, any sunny day!

- In june I loaned my parents 1200$. 400$ to dad, and 600$ to mom to be exact. Dad repaid the last half of his debt to me on my birthday sunday. I've asked my mom several times when she plans to repay me the 600$ and she always gets mad and says " In august as promised". August is halfway gone. I would like to have a date please. Every time I loan them money they always swear up and down that this time they'll repay me on the date they promised me they would. Well I guess this was the last time.

- Last week my brother came begging for cigarettes since they ran out. "Leon sat on our carton and broke half of them"! yeah right. I told him : Okay, I'll make a deal. You mow the lawn, specifically the front, the sides, and the back. (He can find loopholes.), you weedwhack, AND you spread the load of crushed stone that's under the deck in the back and I will give you a carton of cigarettes. Not a pack. A carton. (200 cigarettes) No problem he said. Can you just give me that 1/4 carton over there until I come back tomorrow, and take 1/4 out of the carton that you will give me ? Those of you who know my brother have probably guessed the outcome of this. I ended up weewhacking myself, I had to mow the back myself, and he promised to come back tomorrow (2 days ago) to finish spreading the crushed stone, after I told him that the 65 degree bed of stone was not satisfactory. Of course I haven't seen sight of him ever since, and the next mornign when I woke up (He had stayed till 2am watching the big screen tv.) he had taken a full carton of cigarettes. So it cost me 250 cigarettes to have our small front lawn and sides mowed. Empty promises. Broken deals. No more. And no, I'm not a cigarette dealer heh. I just had some saved up. I ended up trying to spread the stone myself, but it's so freakin hard because i have to go under the deck and crouch and try to shovel stone which doesn' t seem to want to be shoveled.

I've given these problems a lot of thought and here's the best scenario I could think of : Don't get remarried or have a fat daughter who might want the dress, admit the big lump rising in the brick walkway could be considered charming, and move to some remote country where they don't have western union or internet transfers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realize this isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things... but maybe I can make you smile by saying so... $400 to dad and $600 to mom should be $1000... but either way, I agree it's horrible that they do take advantage of you like that... it's definitely hard to say no sometimes though...

Nancy said...

Errr.. you're right hehe that was 800$ to mom , 400$ to dad :)