Friday, July 07, 2006

Elated !

I'm so happy and I don't really know why. I'm happy because it's summer, it's friday, my garden is growing, I'm in love, I'm losing weight (10lbs to be exact), I haven't had a cigarette since Tuesday, July 4th at midnight, I ate two strawberries from my garden, big brother all-stars premiered last night, I'm wearing the weirdest yet most comfortable shoes ever, and I'm happy because the weather is awesome in the long term forecast. Okay, now that I wrote all that down, I feel a little less crazy for being so happy. I'm so happy that I can't stop smiling. I can't fall asleep as fast as I usually do because I can't stop smiling in the dark. I had to close my bedroom curtains because I would wake up in the night to look at my solar powered garden lights, and I jump out of bed and race to the window whenever I hear a bird at the birdfeeder.

I had no idea that I would love gardening this much! It's kind of addictive too. Wednesday I spent 4 hours working in the garden and I forgot to eat supper. heh. It's a great way to stop smoking too. It's kind of hard to smoke with your hands full of dirt. It's also a good way to lose weight, it makes you move, and it's hard to eat junk while gardening. You can pig out on veggies and berries though, but they're low calorie, low fat, low carb, high taste. Yes, gardening is a very good thing :)

Yesterday we had supper on our deck for the first time ever. We didn't have a patio set before hehe. This weekend I want to clean the house, do some laundry, grocery shopping, walmart errands, do more weeding, organize the shed and watch more Gilmore Girls.

Oh, have any of you ever read The Bergdorf Blondes ? Does it get any better ? Sigh. I've read half the book so far and it's soooo boring. I remember watching Oprah and she was interviewing Plum Sykes and told her "I LOVE your book. Audience, after reading the book, don't you just want to BE a Bergdorf blonde? " WHAT? Did she actually read the book ? Bergdorf blondes are dumb spoiled brats so far. Unless they develop a personality disorder in the second part of the book, I would NEVER want to be a Bergdorf blonde! Her overuse of the word "Très" gets old Très fast! I absolutely hate 'quitting' a book. I'm trying to force myself to read the rest of it but I'm going so slow because I can only read 5 pages at a time before I have to stop because I can't read and roll my eyes at the same time. I can't stay captivated for more than 5 pages at a time. So please, someone tell me : does the story get any better ? Do you feel guilt over abandoning a book halfway through too ? Are there any solutions ? I have a Mary Higgins Clark just waiting for me to be done with the stupid Bergdorf Blondes!

1 comment:

Hobby Chef said...

I know just how you feel about gardening! I'm glad you're enjoying your yard work!!!!!!!