Monday, May 01, 2006

Heather it's all your fault!

This morning I sat at my work desk, steaming cup of java in hand, and went digging in my favorites and loaded "cups of coffee". GASP! No update! *whine*. Tonight after work I sat down with my diet pepsi, loaded Heather's blog again and no update :( I just checked right now and still no update so she leaves me absolutely no choice but to write a blog entry of my own to subsidize my boredom.

So I applied for a new job today. It's another administrative assistance position, it pays about 40$ more per pay period than my current position, which would be barely noticeable after tax deductions, but at least it's a permanent position. I've been on contract for 4 years now. My coworker L has been on contract for 12. Can you imagine ? The two major differences that I can think of are pension plan and job security. It's for another provincial department : Justice. I'm also applying for another position which is almost the same position as the one I just mentioned, for the department of Family and Community Services. My chances are slim since they both ask for the applicants to have a secretarial course which I don't. But I do have a good recommendation for the JUS position. So we'll see. My contract is still good until June 07, unless an election rolls in which might very well happen this summer. We'll see. Please send positive thoughts, prayers, crossed digits my way !!!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm leaving for Fredericton for a 2 day training. Of course they're announcing rain. At least it's not snow. I'm going to bring my laptop so I might blog from there, but I'm also bringing "The Time Traveler's Wife" which I hope to put a dent in. I'm almost halfway through now. I'm also going to enjoy the hot tub, pool and QUIET time. No kids. No dogs. No relatives. JOY!!! I'm also going to meet my mother in law and sister in law wednesday night for dinner. I hope we go to the Hilltop for a delicious steak.

In other news, my mom finally picked up her dog today. W00t! I don't know if I blogged this, but she called wednesday and asked if we would doggysit Belle from Thursday till Monday. I said : let me think about it, we already have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 6 people in here. She said : Well, it's not like you have a choice! Hahaha. (That was her laughing, not me.)

Also breaking news : I'm so damn broke. My brother and his gf promised me they would pay rent on Friday. I will believe it when I see it but it's desperately needed. We definitely need to make a plan to share toilet paper, soap, paper towels, dishwasher detergent etc etc etc expenses. There are so many things we need to buy this summer, and the money is just not coming fast enough. Or the bills are pouring in too fast. Either way we HAVE to buy a baby barn, a new computer for steph, landscape at least a little bit and try our darndest to build a 2nd bathroom downstairs. 6 humans and 1 bathroom is just insane. Especially since we ALL have to be out of the house at the same time in the mornings. I am definitely accepting donations.

I'm so friggin stressed out, I have a zit popping out inside my right nostril (right in the start of allergy season), and one that I pray to God isn't turning into a cold sore on my lip. After I come back from Fredericton I definitely need to get my poop in a group. I need to :
  • Get caught up completely on laundry
  • Start eating like a normal human being again and start losing weight again
  • Start scrapbooking again. I haven't scrapbooked in 3 months +. I need to take time for ME.
  • Negotiate a weekly WoW free night with DH.
  • Ugh, I just remembered I need to add 600$ for three new pairs of compression stockings to my 'to buy if I ever win the lottery' list. I can't believe how supid expensive these socks are. And I can't not wear them. Ugh maybe I should look into prostitution.

Oh yeah, tonight I went with my parents to Chapters to pick up a book my mom had ordered. While we were there, Dad looked up a book he wanted on their system. The book was 17.96$. He finds the book, and proceeds to buy it and they inform him that said book was 37.96$. He explained how he had just found the book in their system for half that price. So we all walk over to the system, and lo and behold the book is half the price in english. Full price in french. The book was originally written in french and is a biography about a quebec francophone. How friggin unfair is that.

1 comment:

Scatterbrain said...

I'm proud of you for applying for those jobs.

Don't you just hate it when you get all ready to read one of your favorite blogs and there is no update? *cough* *cough*

my guess on the book is that the english version isn't as popular as the original french so that's why only that version is discounted...still a shitty deal though.

Now I'm going to go blog on my blog.

Cheers,
Tina