Thursday, January 05, 2006

Scrap Scared...

... I have been wanting to learn Scrapbooking forever. However, everytime I start reading up on scrapbooking I get confuzzled and get lost in the scrapbooking jargon really quickly. I'm such a visual person. I can't follow written instructions to save my life. Hopefully when I see someone do it I'll be less intimidated by all the scrapbooking paraphernalia. I mean, it doesn't look like it's rocket science or anything. I'm just wondering if there are 'rules'. Are there rules ? Would someone point at my layout and laugh because I used the wrong kind of glue or the wrong picture size ? I absolutely *adore* photography. Pictures say so much. Scrapbooking sounds like so much fun.

So I was telling all this to Tina and she promptly organizes a "Close To My Heart" scrapbooking party. Woohoo! I'll get to see how it's done. Any ideas to convince my husband that scrapbooking supplies would actually improve my health and state of mind ?

2 comments:

Hobby Chef said...

Nancy, when I first started scrapping, I had NO CLUE what I was doing. I think there are probably lots of things that I do in ways that the hard-core, by-the-book scrappers would say is "wrong," but I really like the way my layouts look, and that's good enough for me.

I also got a lot of great layout ideas from scrapping Web sites. I have a file of ideas that I refer to when I feel stuck.

Have fun learning, and don't feel confined by the "rules."

Kelsie said...

Good luck Nancy. Keep us posted on your scrap work! I am sure you will make it special and all you. AND...there is nothing wrong with that.

I have 3 scrapbooks that have been given to me as gifts and they are still empty.

One day I will fill them up.